Thursday, July 30, 2009

20 Boy Summer


Wow I haven't posted anything in a while. I am slipping. Well.... I have been busy, just to put things in perspective I went to Maryland for a couple of days and i just got a job so.... yeah majorly busy. Actually next week I will be away at a camp at Dartmouth so I once again dissappear. But I will shoot you all a review before I go. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20 Boy Summer By: Sarah Ockler


Synopsis


"Don't worry, Anna. I'll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."

"Okay."

"Promise me? Promise you won't say anything?"

"Don't worry." I laughed. "It's our secret, right?"

According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in ZanzibarBay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy ever day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie---she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.


Review


Ok, first off I read this in the car on the way to Maryland and I almost finished this in one sitting. Anna is a girl that anyone can relate to and she has a genuine and careing voice that you just can't help but love. At times I was sad and at others I was hysterically laughing. I couldn't put the book down! Anna and her best friend strive for what every teenager wants an A.B.S.E ( Absolute Best Summer Ever). They go to great lengths to dodge the normal activities of family vacations, while still pleasing the parents. They have an amazing time with each other and their boy flings, sneaking out at night to live up the night life at Zannabar Bay. They even find themselves taking many trips down memory lane. I would recommed this book to anyone who has lost someone dear to them, looking for a great summer read... well actually I would recommend this to virtually everyone. It's not action packed but has a story line that will reel you in.


Rating:


Character Development: 10/10pts

Originality: 9/10pts

Overall Enjoyment: 10/10pts

Ending: 10/10pts

Voice: 10/10pts

Setting: 10/10pts ( you felt like you were there)

Recommendation: 9/10 ( Not really a guy book)

Total Score: 68/70


Rating Scores:

A+:61-70 pts= Fantastically amazing!

A: 51-60 pts= Great

B: 41-50 pts= Good

C: 31-40 pts= put-downable

D: 21-30 pts= Not so great

F: 0-20 pts= Ew

No comments: